The life of a part-time racer

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Get well soon Chris

This is a big shout out to my old trackday buddy Chris Cahoon.

Here I was, thinking that I had been really unlucky to crash out and damage my bike, but Chris managed to beat me in the bad luck stakes

On his very last race for the year, whilst running in a very strong 2nd place, he highsided his bike and caused quite a bit of damage

The bike has got bent forks and the usual broken pegs, bars, levers etc, but whereas I walked away from my accident unscathed, Chris wasn't so lucky.

Early x-rays showed a broken collar bone (every racer should have one at some time!) But the real issue is two fractures to his pelvic area (both of which were missed by the doctors)

After spending a couple of days in physiotherapy trying to walk again, the pain had him sent back to the x-ray machine, where they noticed the two fractures and immediately put him back to bed to rest.

He has a fracture around the leg socket area and another which goes up from his coccyx up towards his spinal column.


Keep in touch Chris and let me know what the latest is. I'm thinking of you buddy and can't wait to meet up with you again, buy you a few beers and swap stories. Take it easy mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home