The life of a part-time racer

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Round 8 - Cadwell Park 18th June

It was meant to be a relaxing day, the day before the race, but it didn't turn out that way!

I needed new brake pads as the others were badly worn. Luckily I had a spare pair so set about fitting them. First pair fitted, second pair...wrong type! Here we go again.

So then it was a 50mile round trip to try and find a correct pair of EBC brake pads. How hard could it be?

Very!

Louth - No
Cleethorpes - No
Grimsby - No

Scott told me he'd get some in Newcastle and bring them down but I could rest until they were in my hand. Which at around 8pm, they were. Stress attack over.

There was another huge turnout as there always is at Cadwell and some of the bikes were looking seriously tasty. Luckily most of them had no Auto66 points so they'd be behind me on the grid for the qualifyer.

Both qualifying races went well but there were some seriously quick guys who left me for dead.



In the trophy race I managed to get a 3rd in the rookies and 4th in the Clubmans. I was well chuffed. 10 weeks after breaking my shoulder and everything that had happened in the last couple of days and I was still able to pull it out of the bag and get a trophy (and cadwell cap!). The day would be a success whatever happened now.



The points races were hard work but I was happy with my riding. After some close battles and a few "moments", I managed to bring it home in 5th in the rookie race and then 8th in the formula race.

For the first time in ages I had had an eventful day with no mishaps. Racing felt good again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home