The life of a part-time racer

Friday, December 22, 2006

Round 10 - Elvington July 23 July

This was the first time my brother and his family had come to watch me, so after my crash last time out, I was keen to try and stay on this time. Although I think my nephew wanted to see a crash - lets see what we can do!

Rookie qualifying went okay and the mood was boyant. My start for the Clubmans qualifying was good, however I pushed the front (again) too much going into the tight hairpin on lap 2 and down she went. I held on to the clutch lever (seen racers do that on the telly!) and dragged it upright and remounted. I was last with 2 laps left. 2 laps later, I finished 3rd from last - poo! Oh well, at least Toby (my nephew) had seen a crash... I aim to please

The rookie trophy race was a beauty. I had a great battle trying to stay ahead of Matty and on the last corner he tried to get the run out of the corner and pushed it a touch too hard. He lost the back and down he went, leaving me to pick up the 2nd place trophy. Both Matty and the bike were okay.

I made a solid start in the Clubmans and kept battling through the field to go from a 10th place start to a 5th place finish.

The points race for the Rookie championship was another tough one and again I finished 2nd. Unfortunately I dropped down in the Clubmans and finished 6th.

A good day without too many incidents. I need those points to get 3rd in the overall rookie championship - thats the aim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home