The life of a part-time racer

Friday, December 22, 2006

Round 13 - Teesside Autodrome 3rd September

Lets get this clear - I dont like this place - correction - I hate it!

I didnt really like it before I crashed here, but after crashing and then being stopped from going out to get some points last time - I hate the place. Leave it for the go-karts and lets race on proper tracks!

But this time I have a new reason to hate this track. I meant to be on holiday. My wife is and I'm here trying to pick up enough points to secure 3rd in the championship. I've changed my flights, so now I flying out tomorrow and back 2 days later. This had better go well today.

So the aim here was just to get points - no crashes, no heroic moves, just points.

As it was, I just missed out of a 3rd trophy by a smidge in the Rookie race and then got a good 3rd place for the points and in the Clubmans, I brought it home for a 2nd row start for the points race and then battled hard just to get a 4th in the points.

I enjoy this place more for the banter in the tiny paddock area than the racing itself. Plus, you can race like a blind man and get 6th or 7th, as thats all that turns out!

Hopefully next year we wont be racing here

Now, where did I put my passport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home