The life of a part-time racer

Friday, March 09, 2007

...and breathe!

I'm trying to relax a little now. We did all we could to get the bike ready for the first race of the season, but it just wasn't to be.

The engine was sent back down to Phil Seton in Colchester and he got to work on it right away. He had to helicoil the bolt hole, so fingers crossed it'll be okay.

The weather for the race at Elvington was a bit crap, but I still wanted to be there rather than watching World SuperBikes on TV. A potential 25 points lost already!

The engine was sent back up - but instead of going up to Scotts, it came to my house - so my neighbour ended up taking it in for me while I was at work! When I knocked on the door that night, Tim didnt seem too pleased to have a dirty pallet with a cling wrapped engine stuck in the middle of the hall - then I had to get him to help me carry it round to the garage. Another race fan lost!

And there it still stands, in the garage. Scott is flat out at his workshop at the moment so the engine will have to wait until next week to get put back in.

On the plus point - I managed to successfully do my fibreglass repair to the body work. It looks a little bodged but at least its strong enough to take another fall!
I'll get some silver hammerite on it and it'll look fine ;-)

So fingers crossed everything goes okay next week. I can't wait to race it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home